13 Quotes about Success, Business and Failure
Success in business, they say, doesn’t come on a silver platter. Of course, that is always true from the outset of every business venture. From financing to cutting-edge competition and everything in between, making it in this industry is an arduous work. Nonetheless, there are many hugely successful people that have made it.
Quotes listed below were crafted by not only the wealthy individuals but also who is who of society ranging from prolific professors to bespoke politicians. Without much ado, here are 13 quotes about success, business, and failure.
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Collin Powell
- “Happiness doesn’t come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.” – C. Forbes
- “There is only one boss: the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton
- “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
- “In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later.” – Harold S. Geneen
- “Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.” – Donald Trump
- “Failure is the key to success – each mistake teaches us something.” – Morihei Ueshiba
- “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it’s more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Success is simple: do what is right, the right way, at the right time.” – Arnold H. Glasow
- “Success is not the key to happiness; happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
There you are – 13 quotes on business, success and failure. What is the take home? All these three aspects of entrepreneurship go hand in hand. Don’t fear failure when trying to succeed. Don’t expect any business venture to be purely free of failures and hurdles.